Thursday, May 2, 2013

Beautiful rugs


I "met up" with an amazing fiber artist on-line who was destashing some of her fiber. I've now added to my stash from her twice, with some gorgeous Lincoln, Targhee and Karakul.

I found out that she uses it for hooked rugs, and was I ever in for some eye candy when I found her Etsy shop and flickr feed. Vicky Brickle-Macky lives in South Carolina and does amazing work with fiber. She previously ran a cross stitch company (Fanxstitch), and her designs must have been amazing. Here are two from her Etsy shop:



What really moves me though are her rugs. I fell in love with them, and am hoping that maybe one will come my way for Mother's Day. I thought this is a great gift for a mom who loves fiber and traditional arts and crafts. Here are three of my favourites:





No comments:

Post a Comment