Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February Canadian Fibre Box

Another month has passed, and another month of fibre has be deployed across Canada and even into the United States. Princess Farms of Saskatchewan was the featured farm this month, and the box is pure luxury! Our side show was Cuddle Toes sock yarn by Sqwish of BC. It was a great box all around (but aren't they all?).

The full newsletter can be seen here. Next month's fibre just arrived by bus, and April is set up too! I can't believe I am ahead of myself...

I have been doing a lot of reading about sheep breeds in my Sheep a month personal challenge. January was Finn, as I have a fair amount of lovely Canadian Finn (that makes me giggle) roving from Barb of Wild Geese Fibres from a previous Fibre Box. It is lovely bouncey stuff! I also had to choose Finn first as a tribute to my heritage. My paternal grandather, and thus my surname, come from Finland. I'll post a write up and pictures soon. In sheep's clothing is a great reference book for anyone who wants to know about the characteristics of the various breeds out there. I hope to update the shop site slowly with more details about each of the fibres I have in stock. Thanks for the idea, knitgeekery!

Finally, a few dye jobs I particularly like, these are on my etsy shop:

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Finn sheep! I'm looking forward to finding out what you've been learning.

    And that first bit of dyeing looks like something you'd eat -- a bit of cotton candy, perhaps? Only better.

    ReplyDelete