Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spinning up a year

Spring is coming and life feels so much better with sunlight! Spinning has been my companion through a long winter, but they always seem long.

Next month is my first year spin-a-versary. For my birthday last week, I let my first wheel go to a good home (well, sent it to a deserving spinner to be in the US via a yarn trade!) and brought up my very own Louet S10 from the stock room. Nelly and I are getting along just fine!

I hummed and hawed over whether to order myself a Rose, or appropriate the new Millie by Majacraft in the basement, or try out an Ashford Trady. Somehow the simple lines and the larger size of the S10 spoke to me, and up she came!

My first spinning project is complete: 200 g of dyed Perendale in from Majacraft.

I am now knitting up an ipod cozy for a friend at work. Apple cozies and banana cozies have been all the rage, but I wanted something less risque for a male colleague!


Quite a few colours came in with the Bronze Horseman and they're listed on the OVFA shop here. Lollipops is to the right. I'm dyeing to try them all but will refrain, at least for now.


Now on the wheel is some ingeo silk dyed in light peach with hot pink locks from the UK. It's a fun yarn that my daughter will love!

Finally, this weekend is Canadian Fibre Box weekend. An eco friend Mill is featured, and has been very popular in the past. This month's fibers are all new, and very, very nice. And yes, I ordered enough so that I would have some for myself. The shoemaker's daughter is not going barefoot this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment